Service Coordinator /Executive Assistant Job Description
40 hours a week
· Work with ED and Chaplain to coordinate volunteers to fill needs in BCGW programs
· Processing Volunteer Registrations
· Track Volunteer activities
· Work closely with ED and bookkeeper on tracking and processing BCGW mail and checks, process thank you cards and tribute cards
· Answer phone calls in the office and respond to email requests that come to the general BCGW email box
· Be the first positive encounter a client has with BCGW-
· Monitor BCGW volunteer WhatsApp Groups, FB groups and any other virtual volunteer meeting places
· Collect all information and log on multiple spreadsheets and data bases
· Match volunteers with needs
· Administrative time on Donor Perfect – generating letters, updating Donor and volunteer information in the data base.
· Work closely with Village Rides coordinator at JCA
· Attend transportation roundtable discussions
· Create and share data reports for BCGW programs
· Good active listening skills: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Adept at seeking and giving feedback: monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Excellent communicator: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Good problem solver: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and knowing when to turn to expert and how to identify them.
· Willing to be flexible: understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Good time management skills: prioritizing needs and working quickly and effectively to respond
· Excellent stress management skills and understanding the importance of boundaries and self care
· Knowledge of Hebrew and other languages a plus
· Databases - Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
· Graphics - Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
· Internet - Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
· Navigation - Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer's operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
· Presentations - Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
· Spreadsheets - Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
· Word Processing - Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
· Smart phone
basic understanding of apps
· Notebook computers
laptop computers- understanding and ability to use laptops and chrome books
· Software Programs
Microsoft Office, excel and word
Google Docs and spreadsheets
Cava graphic design software (will train)
Constant contact email program ( will train)
Donor Perfect Software (will train)
Ride Scheduler (will train)
o Email and social media
Good written communication and appreciation of proper email social media etiquette
Familiar with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp: willing to use social media to recruit volunteers for specific needs
Submit resumes and cover letter to Audrey Siegel